[CSSWG][css-cascade-3] Last Call WD for CSS3 Cascade

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:29:07 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, SVG WG <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>
The CSS WG has published a Last Call Working Draft of the
CSS Cascading and Inheritance Module Level 3:

This CSS module describes how to collate style rules and assign
values to all properties on all elements by way of cascading
(choosing a winning declaration among many) and inheritance
(propagating values from parent to child).

Notable additions since CSS2.1 include

   * cascading rules for scoped declarations

   * full cascade list including transitions, animations, and DOM
     override rules

   * the 'all' shorthand to reset all CSS properties

   * the 'initial' and 'unset' keywords to restore initial state

Significant changes since the last WD are listed at:
and include changes to the 'all' shorthand to exclude bidi controls
and the replacement of the 'default' keyword with 'unset'
(with different semantics):
(The draft also received a reorg/editorial overhaul.)

Please send any comments to the www-style mailing list [1],
<www-style@w3.org>, and  please, prefix the subject line with

(as I did on this message). The deadline for comments is

   ** 26 August 2013 **

Please let us know if you need an extension.

We would particularly appreciate review of this module from the
HTML and WebAPI communities. Thanks!

For the CSS WG,