RE: Is the current definition of the article element in HTML useful?

Steve Faulkner wrote:
"another question is whether using a list would be useful/helpful? Leonie?

as  a list provides a set size and ability to skip over it or drill into
nested lists if present etc. Or are list semantics too verbose?

<h2> Two comments</h2>
<ol>
<li>lol
<li>u SUK
</ol>"

Lists would be a happy medium I should think. They represent the related
semantics of a comments thread, but with much less verbosity.

Your example would be announced something like:

"List of 2 items."
Bullet. LOL."
"Bullet. You suck."
"List end."

If the list style type was set to none (which seems quite likely in this
instance), many screen readers wouldn't announce "Bullet" before each list
item either.

Screen reader users would have the ability to navigate by list or list
items, so navigability/skimming would still be feasible. Technically it's
possible to navigate by div in some screen readers, but given that a div is
an unknown concept to most web users, that's a moot point.

Léonie.