Week 2: Staged WHATWG patches for HTML5.1

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:53:52 +1100
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Hi all,

This week the following WHATWG patches up to and inc commit 7640 [1] have
been cherry-picked into the W3C HTML specification (master branch) for
HTML5.1. This takes us to WHATWG patches up to 9th January 2012, i.e. we
are up-to-date.

Note that no patches from WHATWG were cherry-picked for the HTML5.0 CR.

You can see the committed patches here:
https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/(13th Jan)

The three committed patches are in detail:

*
https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/2f400de5fa1349ea84f4f0fa98a2e4b0804ad46a
(factor out common event handlers)

*
https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/0ccec7b2bb5730e866aa47427926a7f6091dcffd
(Change stepUp/stepDown algorithm on input element to be more like typical
UIs)

*
https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/69e8b69f556468138e884750a47fadf0f2c7c901
(Clean up some mistakes from the menu/command/menuitem shake-up recently)

I have also merged in the  feature/whatwg_canvas_workers branch even though
canvas is being updated in a separate branch. I am trying to keep the
source file difference to the WHATWG as small as possible.

The following branch continue to be held back for extension specifications:

* feature/whatwg_srcset:
https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/master...feature;whatwg_srcset

Best Regards,
Silvia.