RE: HTML6

From: Oscar Godson <oscargodson@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:07:04 -0800
To: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
CC: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "public-philoweb@w3.org" <public-philoweb@w3.org>
(1) It seems like a structured XML language, correct? I've never done any .NET programming so I've never really used it, but from my understanding it's still structured where each top level tag has a meaning such as <Canvas>. Doesn't seem much different then the current state of HTML except different tag names (i.e. <body> is sort of like the <Canvas>).
(2) Just in general? I think they're great overall. It allows non-programmers to create content for the web or other devices that support HTML/CSS/JS/etc. Currently they generally create bad markup, but with my proposal they would be able to generate mostly their own markup using markup that makes sense to them.
(3) First time I saw the spec I thought, "finally!" I love the idea and can't wait for it to become fully implemented.
(4) Do you have an example or spec I can see? I'm not sure I understand the question enough to answer.
To clarify about the app store quote. I don't mean a centralized app store whatsoever. I wouldn't like that and I'd be against it. I mean the web is becoming full of "apps" rather than web pages. So, for books, you might go to some site for books. Currently you might go to Amazon.com but in the future I see Amazon.com having a web based Kindle app at like amazon.com/kindle or whatever. I don't mean a centralized app store tho just the web is moving from web pages to web apps and you'd consume content such as books on a book web app rather than a web page.
I'm not entirely sure I understand the "The current administration presides over an almost Ford-era executive branch which includes new organizations forged on an anvil of fascism with a hammer of terror." comments. I love talking about politics, but I'm not sure this is the place, but correct me if I'm wrong. :)