Proposal to add ping="" to HTML 5.1

Hi,

Steve suggests[1] that we revisit the decision[2] to exclude <a ping>
from the spec, especially given that it's implemented in both WebKit[4]
and Gecko[5]. In the original CfC[3], Maciej wrote:

> [W]e now seem to have consensus that it is ok to drop this feature
> from HTML5[.0...] The feature could still be proposed again for a
> later issue of HTML, or the issue could be re-raised if new
> information is provided (such as implementation experience or
> server-side deployment experience.)

All things being equal, I think we should err on the side of specifying
features with implementations in multiple browser engines.

Thanks,
Ted

1. https://twitter.com/stevefaulkner/status/306781110367571970
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0132.html