Re: use of placeholder as a label for an input

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 01:08:50AM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> One clarification on that article: placeholder does not disappear on focus, only when you start typing. So you don't have to read ahead of the focus. At least this is true in Chrome, Safari and Firefox on Mac.
>
>  - Maciej

This differs per browser. Plenty remove placeholder the moment focus
sits on the input. Many users have gotten confused especially since
the old Javascripted placeholders did tend to vanish right away
onfocus. Even I remember recently trying to select the placeholder
in order to remove it because I was not used to using Chrome.
-mallory