Re: use of placeholder as a label for an input

Hi Silvia,

I already defined in API guide how the placeholder attribute should be used
in accessible name calculation [1] (may need to be updated as I wrote the
rules a while back)

>Or is your concern more about the "labels in text boxes" approach and that
we need a recommendation to avoid that and instead recommend placeholder?

What i would like to ensure is that the HTML spec provides the best
guidance for authors on use of placeholder. What form that guidance should
take is still under discussion.

regards

Steve

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#calc-iput