Re: using the data* attribute to identify element sub roles

Hi Ted,

>What's a sub role?

its a more granular classification of a role.

For example in the OSX accessibility API all HTML elements have a role and
a subrole property

example: the article element:

AXRole: "AXGroup",
AXSubrole: "AXDocumentArticle"

it may well be that it could be defined via ARIA, but that tends to imply a
categorization that its only an accessibility feature, when I wanted to
explore the uses including, but not limited to accessibility.

regards

Steve