Re: TAG Decision on Rescinding the request to the HTML WG to develop a polyglot guide

On 18/02/2013 17:53, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Boy I wish all "HTML parsers" supported unrestricted HTML syntax.
> Henri's parser is better than tagsoup which is much better than libxml2.

Yes I've seen that argument (and don't actually disagree with that
either) but still the fact that html parsers are in fact buggy and you
can get more consistent results using XML isn't really backing up the
statement to which I was replying which was that the existence of the
html parser in libxml2 was evidence of support for the need for
polyglot. You are rather arguing that the existence of polyglot gives a
mechanism of avoiding that parser in favour of the xml one.

David