Re: changed advice on use of h1 headings in document outline.

From: Heydon Pickering <heydon@heydonworks.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:04:36 +0000
To: public-html@w3.org
Hey Steve,

I am not a huge fan of <h1> everywhere, but perhaps you could answer this
question:

Am I supposed to use <h1>s to markup up headings that introduce "important"
content regions, or simply _outermost_ content regions?

For instance...

If the "most important" part of my page (the part I made the page for) is
in an <article> nested within my <body>, then shouldn't its heading be an
<h1>?
However, since the <article> is a subsection of <body>, your advise
prohibits me from using <h1>. I should use an <h2>. Does this imply that
the article is
of less importance than the body's <h1> (possibly a logo or other
tautology) and, if so, isn't this problematic?

With this sort of ambivalence in mind, I think the specification should
afford more flexibility. At the very least, I think the "strong" adjective
is a bit
overzealous.

Cheers for now - Heydon.