Re: Context of the main element

Hi Jeremy,

"Oh, none. I would imagine that any instances of the main element that
don't correspond to the main landmark (i.e. any instances that aren't
scoped to the document body) wouldn't have any special semantics for the
acc layer …they'd effectively be no different than divs."

what you appear to be saying is that structural elements such as
header/footer if not scoped to the body should have a presentational role
only. I don't think its that simple.

The vast majority elements and attributes have some sort of mapping to the
accessibility layer.

ARIA is not used in the mapping of  the vast majority of roles,states and
properties , representations of them are exposed in the accessibility APIs
in cases where  no roles, states and properties native to the API's are
defined.

regards
SteveF