Re: Context of the main element

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:55:23 +0000
To: Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>
Cc: Gez Lemon <g.lemon@webprofession.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
>So my guess was wrong then. And I take it that adding in parsing rules
that would try to determine which main element should correspond to the
document's >main landmark would involve quite a bit of work?

The mainstream parsing rules would not change it would be in the acc layer.
I have had brief discussions with the mozilla acc engineers on a similar
issue, there was not a groundswell of enthusiasm for implementing.

But I think we are being premature in talking about implementation changes,
without solid use cases and evidence of current markup patterns in support
of the change. for example I don't see how your suggested changes will
benefit users who consume the semantics, what will the semantics of nested
main be when mapped to the acc layer?

regards
SteveF

<http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html>