Re: Modify blockquote element definition to allow citations

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:09:35 -0400
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jukka.k.korpela@kolumbus.fi>
Jukka K. Korpela [2013-08-19T09:52]:
>  In such cases, there is normally no external source where the text could have been quoted.

I would prefer we avoid to use "external". Text which has a source is just fine.
For example, in a forum, a text in the same page, with a URI reference (ex: http://forum.example.com/topic/foo#comment21) could be used in the replied answer with the appropriate blockquote linking to the source in the same page, aka

--
Karl Dubost
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/