Re: [Feature Proposal] New attributes "library" and "version" on script tags

A 512-bit SHA-2 hash cannot have conflicts. Filename matching would make
the feature unreliable, adding another point of failure.

There's also no point this feature if you move it to the HTTP layer; it
only provides a benefit if (a) eliminates network traffic and (b) securely
identifies a file across multiple websites so (c) browsers can implement
higher-order caching.

Think about how *trivial* it is to implement a text editor plugin that
updates these hashes. Every language has can make an HTTP request, every
language can do SHA-2. CMSes, IDEs, text editors, even accelerator proxies
can handle the maintenance of these hashes. A few months after browser
support is introduced, it will just be a keystroke combination like code
reformatting. Most of the web runs CMSes, and they will handle it invisibly.

Mismatches don't get optimized, it's as simple as that. Don't optimize the
optimization, keep it simple.

Best regards,
Nathanael