RE: [HTMLWG] CR Exit Criteria redux

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:28 PM, John Foliot wrote:
> Adrian Bateman wrote:
> > It is unacceptable to Microsoft that anyone other than Microsoft
> > submit implementation reports for Internet Explorer.
>
> Would browser vendors and other interested parties accept that as part of
> any implementation claim they specifically note Accessibility considerations
> when relevant?  For example, stating as part of any claim *what* (if
> anything) is being exposed to the Accessibility API, (along with possibly
> known 3rd party implementations).
>
> For example, feature "foo" has been implemented in 2 independent instances,
> and as part of that implementation "bar" is exposed to the AAPI, but no 3rd
> party (AT) tool yet supports that feature/exposure. Does it meet the Exit
> Criteria test? (If an inspector can verify the claims of AAPI exposure, does
> that count?)
>
> Conversely, feature "baz" is exposed to the AAPI, is supported by X number
> of known AT tools, but has no native implementation in the browser - does
> that count and who reports it?

Do you have an example test case? I would expect that we would submit an
implementation report for all the test cases that we're able to run. I'm not
sure what a test case for this kind of feature would look like so it would
be good to see some proposals for this kind of test if they will be needed.

Cheers,

Adrian.