Re: Mailing Lists (was Re: Evolving AppCache discussions)

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:06:29 -0400
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
On 09/24/2012 06:18 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

>   1) Enforce the discussion guidelines swiftly and effectively. Instead
> of public warnings that drag on for months or years without remedying
> the situation, obvious violations of the discussion guidelines should
> result in a timeout (i.e. temporary ban from posting) immediately.
> Obvious repeat violations should result in a removal from the working
> group.

One of the persistent problems is that there are posts -- like the one I
am responding to in fact -- which interleaves loaded emotional terms
into a message that otherwise contains sincere pragmatic advice.

That being said, the chairs have discussed this and agree that we can do
better,  We are fully prepared to improve enforcement via temporary and
permanent bans.

- Sam Ruby