Re: longdesc document for the record

On 09/21/2012 06:58 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> To summarize the way I look at it (and thereby counter-check my
> understanding): basically the plan puts a feature-freeze in place such
> that all open issues that haven't been resolved yet are regarded as
> "at risk features" since they don't meet the implementation
> requirement and are thus pushed into extension specifications, that
> may make it if implementation experience can be brought forward before
> REC, but otherwise will go into HTML.next.
>
> Is that a correct (while simplified) understanding?

Two subtle additions:

1) "may make it" still requires agreement of the HTML WG

2) some extension specs may choose to proceed independently indefinitely

Hopefully implementation experience will make it easier to get agreement
of the HTML WG, and hopefully many of the new feature proposals in the
5.1 and 5.2 time frames will start out as extension specs.

> Cheers,
> Silvia.

- Sam Ruby