Re: Extension spec for hgroup (Was: Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014)

Hi Sam,

> For completeness, let me ask a follow-on question.  If we got consensus on
> such a specification, would you agree that the result would be a suitable
> base upon which to build both hgroup and hgroup alternatives via extension
> specifications?

My position is that hgroup should be removed from HTML5 and be non conforming

I will write extensions for oultinemask and subline.

someone may  come forward and write an extension spec for hgroup it
then can be dealt with as per the plan for extensions.

someone may  come forward and write an extension spec for some other
feature, it then can be dealt with as per the plan for extensions.

this creates a level playing field for the competing features.

regards
SteveF

--
with regards