Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:40:07 -0400
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "w3c-wai-pf@w3.org" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On 09/20/2012 07:35 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I noted this;
>
> "Move responsibility for the HTML5: Techniques for providing useful
> text alternatives document from the HTML WG to the A11y TF. "
>
> This is the first I have heard of this. What is the reasoning behind
> the recommendation?

One clear error[1] has already been identified in the document, perhaps
this is a second one.  I'll share that the general thinking was along
the lines of "move things that should be jointly produced between PF WG
and the HTML WG to the joint task force".  But clearly as editor of that
specification your input would have considerable weight, so as such I
would like to hear what you would propose.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0269.html