Re: Mailing Lists (was Re: Evolving AppCache discussions)

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:14:27 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> Jonas & Adrian,
>
> Do you feel the subject tag approach would not work for you (either as a tool for filtering mail or as a way to scan for what you care about)? How do you feel about how it works in CSS WG or Web Apps WG?

My experience from the Web Apps WG is that subject tags don't work
very well. People quite often forget to include a tag, especially when
people that are new to the list are posting. Also, if someone sends an
email with the wrong tag, this is seldom, if ever, fixed by other
people.

I also recall there being some amount of misspellings for tags, though
this might be specific to [IndexedDB] vs. [IndexDB] which is likely
due to the unfortunate spec name.

/ Jonas