RE: Mailing Lists (was Re: Evolving AppCache discussions)

From: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:00:06 -0700
To: "'Maciej Stachowiak'" <mjs@apple.com>, "'Adrian Bateman'" <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Cc: "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>, "'Paul Cotton'" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "'Sam Ruby'" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Therefore, I propose we move to the following approach to mailing
> lists:
>
>     HTML5: [HTML5]
>     Media Stream Extensions: [MSE]

<snip>

FWIW, we already do exactly that on the public-a11y-html list with the
various sub-groups (eg [media], [text], etc.) and it appears to work well
for the most part. It does however place the onus on posters to start a
thread off with the appropriate [bracketed] sub-group marker.

+1 to the idea.

JF