Re: maincontent element

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:08:50 +0200
To: Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Cc: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cameron Jones, Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:48:46 +0100:

> I would expect to start to see a "main content" wrapper inside almost
> every element, essentially as a replacement for <div>. We don't need
> another meaningless <div>.

> "Ooh, this <p> is some main content, better wrap it in a
> <maincontent> tag!".
>
> "Ooh, this <span> is also main content, better make sure i wrap it in
> a <maincontent> tag too!!".

To which it can be said: <maincontent> is a block level element. That
rules out a lot of elements, by itself. Specifically, <p> would spit it
out. While validators would go jingle bell if one placed it inside e.g.

So at least, I'd suggest you make more modest claims ...
--
leif halvard silli