Re: maincontent element

Hi David,

new HTML5  elements such as article/footer/header/nav/section etc have
implicit mapping to ARIA roles which are being implemented in
browsers. This means that rather than having to add landmark roles to
elements, the semantics are (when implemented) conveyed through the
use of the element. This is a better approach for authors as it means
when they use the elements they get the semantics conveyed withou
having to add aria roles. The addition of a maincontent element would
complete the provision of native HTML semantic elements that convey
common and useful landmark structures.

regards
SteveF

--