Re: [HTMLWG] CfC: Adopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related decisions

On Monday 2012-10-15 16:22 +0300, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Steve Faulkner
> <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What does "broader buy-in, including from implementors, showing that the
> > extension specification is seen as a good idea." mean in practice?
>
> In practice, it would mean two implementors working on two distinct
> browser engines saying that the proposed feature is a good idea that
> they would like to implement and realistically might. (No
> authoritative commitment to implement or a statement about timeline
> required.)

I think this threshold might be a bit weak in the face of
disagreement among implementors working on a single browser engine.
I think that, in the presence of disagreement by other implementors
working on the same engine, the threshold ought to be based on
whether the feature would realistically be accepted and shipped.

-David