W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > October 2012

RE: HTML WG - MLW-LT WG meeting at TPAC

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:24:04 +0000
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AB5704B0EEC35B4691114DC04366B37F16B84142@TK5EX14MBXC289.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
> We will add your request to our list of candidate coordination meetings.

We have added your request to the F2F meeting wiki:


HTML WG F2F meeting agenda topics, Nov 1-2

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/TPAC2012

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:31 AM
To: Paul Cotton
Cc: Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net); Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com); HTMLWG WG
Subject: Re: HTML WG - MLW-LT WG meeting at TPAC

Thank you Paul, that plan works for me.

- Felix
2012/9/20 Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com<mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>>

> We hope that we can reserve a 30 min slot for this 1-2 November.

The HTML WG F2F meetings are run as an un-conference where the final agenda is determined during the first session on the first day.  But for coordination matters the Chairs have previously pre-arranged a meeting slot with another WG/IG/CG.  We then get the WG to approve those meetings when the WG F2F agenda is approved.

We will add your request to our list of candidate coordination meetings.  When we get closer to the F2F meeting we will propose a time for the meeting and include that on our list of items for the WG unconference to consider.

Please let us know if this plan is not acceptable.

/paulc
HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org<mailto:fsasaki@w3.org>]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:21 PM
To: HTMLWG WG
Subject: HTML WG - MLW-LT WG meeting at TPAC

The MLW-LT working group is developing metadata for localization and internationalization purposes, among others to be added to HTML5 documents. Some pointers here

Current editors copy http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html
Example usage in HTML5
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#EX-term-local-html-1
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/examples/html5/EX-term-html5-local-1.html

The goal is *not* to add its-* attributes to the HTML language. MLW-LT would like to discuss briefly at TPAC with the HTML WG what role these attributes play, to demonstrate current applications and that they won't be "harmful" to HTML5 itself.

We hope that we can reserve a 30 min slot for this 1-2 November.

Thanks,

Felix (staff contact and co-chair of MLW-LT



--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow
Received on Friday, 12 October 2012 16:26:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:35 UTC