Re: [HTMLWG] CfC: Adopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related decisions

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:00:36 +1100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> * Agree to rename the "HTML5 spec" component to "HTML spec", and only bring back specific bugs that address interoperability issues or can be addressed by a non-substantive change to the specification

What is the reasoning behind this change?
I don't think that this is actually helpful, because users have to
register a bug against either the spec that we are taking to REC or
HTML.next. Since the spec that we are taking to REC is HTML 5.0, I
would prefer we keep this component as "HTML5" - it is far less
confusing. Alternatively, "HTML5-CR" or "HTML5-LC" or "HTML5.0" would
make sense to me, too.

Regards,
Silvia.