Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:33:38 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 26/11/2012 01:03 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org
>     No, it isn't, and will be fixed (editorial fix: just reordering).
>
>     Longer story: that spec is generated from the same source as HTML
>     and Canvas. The content of section 6.1 is in a different logical
>     position in that source, and the tools rewrite the output to make it
>     right. The tool is a bit brittle though, as you can see. (And I
>     scanned the output too fast when I uploaded it.)
>
> Section 4.6 should likely also be moved into section 6 (maybe as 6.2),
> since it makes use of the data structure defined in 6.1. Also, from a
> logical viewpoint, section 6 should come before section 5 which explains
> how to populate the attributes of a HTMLPropertiesCollection.

I'm not 100% convinced that those changes are necessary (as opposed to
the one discussed here which is a bug: HTMLPropertiesCollection really
can't be a subsection of the Conformance Requirements).

I've now updated the tooling (in the new html-tools repo) to rewrite the
sections correctly, without the extra NodeJS tool. The other rewritings
you suggest in bug 20081 can be layered atop that, but I think they're
less of a priority (I won't stand in the way if you want to jump in
though  it's the stuff in publish.py after line ~80).