Re: Summary of I18N discussion in HTML WG today

On 05/11/2012 14:09, Bruce Lawson wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:45:36 -0000, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> ### Forward-looking ruby model
>> Fantasai exposed a set of issues with the current ruby markup that
>> make it awkward to extend in future for features that we have good
>> reasons to believe will become increasingly common as HTML is used for
>> books, scientific publishing, and pretty much everything in the world
>> in general. These involve jukugo ruby, fallback, double-sided ruby.
>
> is this set of issues written up anywhere?

Bruce, see http://www.w3.org/TR/ruby-use-cases/.  Fantasai also wrote
something in a blog post that I tried to represent in the aforementioned
doc.

Note that it is not an option to exit CR without any ruby markup
(covering the features already in the HTML spec). This parallel proposal
will need to be submitted early enough for implementers to approve and
implement if it is to replace what's currently specced.

RI