Re: Polyglot Markup Formal Objection Rationale

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:04:19 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org
On 04/11/12 15:59, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> At the HTML F2F, I was asked to provide rationale for my previously
> filed formal objection to the Polyglot Markup specification.

Here's what I wrote in my comments on this spec during the may 2011
LC vote:

   "Implementing myself a content editor for html5 (both
    serializations), I am still uncertain about the usefulness of this
    document, in other terms I doubt implementors will refer to this
    document and really implement tools conformant to it. I think then
    this document should leave the REC track and become a Note."

Of course, I never got an answer.

More than a year later, I still don't know why we have that document
on the REC track. It's still useless to me as an editor vendor.
I then support entirely Lachlan's objection here.

</Daniel>