Re: Fwd: Polyglot Markup Formal Objection Rationale

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>wrote:

> On 2012-11-05 09:00, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>> To a certain extent, using the terms "normative" and "non-normative" with
>> regard to publishing W3C documents is a mis-nomer. The W3C does not label
>> documents as normative or non-normative. It labels them as REC or NOTE.
>>

> Yes, that is why I very clearly separated the two arguments.  The document
> itself claims to express normative criteria, which I disagree with.

There is nothing wrong with a NOTE defining normative criteria. There is
nothing in W3C Process that even hints at such a restriction, so if you are
arguing against a NOTE defining normative content (which would be needed to
satisfy the constraints of the NOTE), then I would very much disagree with
you.