Re: Issue 31c: Meta generator

Le 18/05/12 20:43, John Foliot a écrit :

> As an educator and advocate, I often use metaphors to draw analogies, so
> that people who are not deeply involved with any particular topic can better
> understand the problem-statement. I apologize if this particular metaphor
> was offensive to some.

I don't think "offensive" is an adjective that could appply in any way
to your original prose. Of course, I could be wrong here since I'm not
a native english speaker. FWIW, I did take your words as a metaphor,
nothing more.
And I was really surprised to read "Ratchet the rhetoric down" since
the main tool we *all* use in standardization *is* rhetoric, and not
always based on purely technical arguments.
Not worth a "public warning", and too great power given to chairs w/o
control, IMHO.

</Daniel>