Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus on Issue-204 (Updated)

On 05/11/2012 08:35 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:

> The updated proposal is available at:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3

This proposal contains all of the necessary sections, and therefore
could proceed to a survey at this time.

> One objection was received against this consensus:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012May/0046.html

My read is that this email contains ten objections.

So, the current status (anybody feel free to correct me if I have this
wrong) is that we have two active proposals:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/AllowAriaReferHidden
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3

While it is clear that the TF prefers _v3 over AllowAriaReferHidden it
is not yet clear to me that there exists strong objections to
AllowAriaReferHidden.

So before proceeding, can I get confirmation that:

1) Benjamin: that you do not object to AllowAriaReferHidden?

Should it be the case that you object to both proposals and do not bring
forward a proposal of your own, then your input is likely to get discounted.

2) A11y TF: you (collectively) do not intend to update _v3 further based
on these objections AND you do intend to put forward objections to
AllowAriaReferHidden that you believe to be stronger than the ones that
Benjamin has put forward against _v3.

If these objections are not forthcoming, then we will assume that people
can live with AllowAriaReferHidden, and will proceed with at CfC.

- Sam Ruby