ISSUE-203: media-descriptions - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 11:57:04 -0400
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
'All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short and
longer textual descriptions associated to the element'

The current status for this issue:

So far, we have one Change Proposal submitted:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/Issue203

At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit additional Change
Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in case
anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different change than
the specific one in the existing Change Proposals.

Depending on the Change Proposals we receive (if any), the chairs may
decide to call for consensus on the portions of this proposal that
aren't contested or may chose to split the issue.

Once issue 30 is resolved, an opportunity will be provided for those who
have submitted change proposals to update them before issue 203 proceeds
to survey.

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by June
10th, 2012, we will proceed to evaluate the change proposals that we
have received to date.

- Sam Ruby