Re: Promise broken on ISSUE 204?

Hi Laura,

My understanding from Janina, who was at the HTML WG face-to-face
meeting in Mountain View last week where this issue was under
discussion, is that the potential changes to Cynthia's change
proposal on Issue 204 were to be made not on Cynthia's change
proposal as last stabilized on April 25th, but rather to a new
version at a new URI. Looking at this with Janina at the moment, it
appears that the changes were made to the existing CP from Cynthia,
which was not the intent.

The reason for putting these in a new proposal was so these proposed
changes, which seem to show a possible path for reducing the existing
change proposals on Issue 204 down to one (thus allowing the
discussion to move back to other things), could be considered at the
Text Subteam meeting this Tuesday and then at the Accessibility Task
Force meeting this Thursday. We hope that you can take part in some
part of those phone discussions. In the meantime we'll see if John
can move the proposed changes to another URI as agreed.

- Judy