Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 01:54:31 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org
Sam Ruby, Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:25:36 -0400:
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/LinkLongdescToRoleOfImg

> Second: what we will need in order to proceed here is use cases [ … ]
> Compare the use cases that were linked to by the original longdesc
> change proposal: [ … ]
> Against the ones that were provided by the revised proposal:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/UseCases

OK. Neither am I able to live up to that standard - now, nor can point
to vendor interest - or current, deep and wide interest in the A11Y TF.
So please consider the CP withdrawn for now and - most likely - for the
rest of the HTML5 process.

With regards,
Leif H Silli