Re: ISSUE-195: form-http-req - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:33:35 +0100
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: public-html@w3.org, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:26:39 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> At some point a previous proposal stated that for methods other than
> GET/HEAD/POST, the same requirements as for XHR should apply.

That could maybe work, although CORS failures are identical to network
errors which do not seem desirable for end users to face. Additionally it
would probably be better if we gained more experience with this feature
via XMLHttpRequest first, before widening the scope.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/