Re: ISSUE-194: full-transcript - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

On 03/21/2012 09:11 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:

>>> I can now. Please find a proposal for aria-describedat under
>>> discussion at
>>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/aria-unofficial/raw-file/tip/describedat.html
>>> .
>>>
>>> I expect that this attribute will be added to Aria 1.1 and it
>>> satisfies the needs of Issue 194.
>>>
>>> I would therefore like to repeat my request to not resolve this issue
>>> at this time.
>>

>> Do you have a proposal for when this should be resolved?
>
> I am curious to see Edward's change proposal, so two weeks at minimum.
>
> In the meantime, I want to work with the authors of the describedAt
> proposal to improve it. This attribute has implications on other
> elements, too, including the longdesc discussion. I want to get input
> from the Web community outside the accessibility space on this
> attribute, too. I doubt we can get broader input and in particular
> consensus within these two weeks, but can certainly try.
>
> What is the current state of the Last Call timeline and your plans to
> move to CR? (I've lost track, sorry, and couldn't find any update over
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html).

We clearly are remiss in updating that; clearing the current backlog of
issues is a part of the planning process.

Given the number of outstanding issues, keeping this particular issue
open for a couple of weeks more is not likely to cause a problem.  I was
more concerned about the possibility of this being an open ended request.

I doubt I will have a definitive answer by tomorrow's telecon, but
likely will by the next one.  I'll keep you posted.

> Regards,
> Silvia.

- Sam Ruby