RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

From: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:12:11 +0000
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "janina@rednote.net" <janina@rednote.net>, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, "'xn--mlform-iua@målform.no'" <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, "rubys@intertwingly.net" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "mjs@apple.com" <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
>> it still conveys the same information as a short text alternative for the video would. That's all that matters.
It might, and then again it might not. If it doesn't it needs its own description. That's what matters.