Re: Revert request r7023

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:59:04 +0100, Frank Olivier
<Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com> wrote:
> At this time, while the group is about to publish new heartbeat drafts,
> we believe that this change reduces rather than increases consensus.
> The goal of heartbeat publications is to show progress and increasing
> consensus.

Not at all. It's just to meet the heartbeat requirements. As the call for
consensus
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html says "As
a Working Draft publication, the document does not need not be complete,
to meet all technical requirements, or to have consensus on the contents."

> This change has been made with no discussion in the working group and no
> bugs filed in Bugzilla.

I clearly remember discussing this in person with you at TPAC. Our rather
poor minutes of that meeting even captured it:
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/03-html-wg-minutes

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/