Re: Encrypted Media proposal: Summary of the discussion so far

<A.Kuckartz@ping.de>wrote:

>> The issue here are not proprietary technologies in
>> general but closed, executable and unspecified code
>> which is to be run on client computers.

> Since that is the type of executable being used 99.94% of the time by
> 99.94% of users, it doesn't seem like a problem. The most used browser
> today (IE) [1] is made from closed, non-public code.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

I did not find the number ("99,94%") on that page. Were did you get that
number?

The graphs on that page seem to indicate that the percentage of IE users
is going down since several years and now is at or below 40%. 40% is not
the majority.

>> I think that the W3C should not only not help in any way to support this
>> but should explicitly oppose it.
>>
> The W3C should oppose the manner in which most computing is done today?

The statistics available on the Wikipedia page you mentioned seem to
support my view more than yours.

Cheers,
Andreas