Re: Encrypted Media proposal: Summary of the discussion so far

On 14.03.2012 18:51, Mark Watson wrote:
> We should indeed try to maximize the set of services
> supported by pure FOSS stacks - to make that choice
> as painless as possible. But that is different from saying
> that services which use non-FOSS technologies should
> not be on the web.

The issue here are not proprietary technologies in general but closed,
executable and unspecified code which is to be run on client computers.

I think that the W3C should not only not help in any way to support this
but should explicitly oppose it.

Cheers,
Andreas