Re: Verbosity of microdata

On 15.3.2012 10:15, David Carlisle wrote:

> I think the (or rather an) "html way" (as used by RDFa for example) is
> to exercise the clause in html5 that allows other specifications to
> extend it, and then just assert that (say) its-locNote is a valid
> attribute of the extended specification.

Hi David, thanks for insight. Could you please point me to the clause
that allows this, I wasn't able to find?

Also there will be problem with such approach when page is going to be
validated. Normal HTML5 validator would refuse page with its-
attributes. Shouldn't be conformance criteria lifted then and allow any
attribute named prefix-* (except aria- which can be checked more
rigorously)?

     Jirka