Re: Counter Proposal Re: ISSUE-204: aria-hidden - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 07:50:33 +0000
To: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Cc: Matthew Turvey <mcturvey@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-html@w3.org LIST" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca> wrote:
> Please find a Counter Proposal to Issue 204 at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIA_Can_Only_Refer_To_Hidden_Content_With_Specific_Restrictions

I agree with the basic premise of harmonising the latest revisions to
ARIA and HTML5, but I suggest either dropping or properly documenting
your references to accessibility APIs, since as I've pointed out
before your claims about their limitations appear to be incorrect and
this could cast doubt on the credibility of your proposal if this goes
to poll.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis