Re: ISSUE-194: full-transcript - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

Dear Chairs,

May I suggest that the resolution of this issue is dependent on the
resolution of several other issues and discussions currently under
way. I therefore propose to delay dealing with this issue until such
other issues are resolved. This includes in particular the @longdesc
discussion.

In my mind, it is possible that the HTML WG decides that there is
sufficient need for a general mechanism to add off-page textual
representations to certain complex elements to HTML5, elements such as
canvas, img, video, audio, table, or figure. If such a general
mechanism were added - which could be called @longdesc or @href or
@transcript - such a mechanism would fulfill the needs of this issue.

Therefore I do not believe we are able to resolve this issue in the
best possible manner just yet and a deadline of 21st March is far too
soon to deal with this issue.

Best Regards,
Silvia.