Re: Revert request r7023

As I recall the editor forked the spec and threatened to resign from editing because of a chair decision to include a  method recommended by the group.

Regardless of his tactics, vendors have been moving forward, but slowly.

I'd prefer that the spec was fixed instead of reverted.

At present, it seems that vendor cooperation outside of the spec drafts is a better way forward. The editor has typically changed specs to reflect actual implementations.

Again, I'm uncomfortable handing yet another chunk of web standards to one person. So it goes.

I'll move away from spec contributions and over to implementation.

-Charles