Re: Revert request r7023

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:35:52 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
Hi,

Charles wrote:

> I'm concerned that the change will create undo burden on implementers
> and authors. A much simpler change set was proposed last year and has
> not been addressed by the editor.
>
> It's my contention that the editor's "Path" object, as it is authored,
> is not appropriate for Canvas 2D but may be appropriate for SVG2[…]

We oppose this revert request. We've been advocating for the addition of
an exposed Path object to the <canvas> 2D Context API for a long time—it
greatly improves the general utility of the 2D Context API, in addition
to its obvious accessibility benefits.

I encourage other vendors supportive of this change to also speak up.

As Steve Faulkner said, Charles,
> I would suggest the best way forward is to file bugs against the spec
> and then follow the usual escalation process if needed.

Ted