Re: Note in HTML4 spec about html5?

On 13.3.2012 11:33, Carr, Wayne wrote:

> Would the chairs ask the WG if there are any objections to that?

I object to modifying HTML4 spec and including proposed notice. If you
don't need new HTML5 features, HTML4 is still very fine specification
from authoring point of view. And it doesn't make sense to retrocatively
update specifications.

Of course it makes sense to update pages that are pointing to various
versions of HTML and XHTML specs and put info about HTML5 there.

    Jirka