RE: implementation of HTML5 context menu

As I've mentioned in the past, in general we do not comment in advance on if and when we might support certain features in Internet Explorer. We don't have anything to announce about context menu at this time.

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 3:51 AM
To: HTMLWG WG; Maciej Stachowiak; Anne van Kesteren; L. David Baron; Adrian Bateman; Tab Atkins Jr.
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force
Subject: implementation of HTML5 context menu

There is currently one implementation (firefox) of the HTML5 context menu [1] feature

The implementation is not in line with the specification as it uses the non standard <menuitem>.

It would be useful to know what other browser implementers plans are in regards to the context menu feature and if they plan to agree upon the use of <menuitem> or will firefox's implementation need to change?

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-menu-element.html#context-menus
--
with regards

Steve Faulkner