Re: Note in HTML4 spec about html5?

Although the HTML 4.01 recommendation makes no mention of the HTML5 standards that is now widely adapted, the XHTML namespace makes up for the lacking by listing the current HTML recommendations along with mentioning HTML5 as a working draft.

See http://www.w3.org/1999/XHTML/

The namespace has not been updated since 2009, but might list further drafts relative to HTML5 once they progress.

Jace Voracek