Re: Encrypted Media proposal: Summary of the discussion so far

On Mar 5, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I can't speak for Silverlight, but Flash at least is much better
> understood.  It's not open-source, but it's been natively
> reimplemented by at least Chrome.  It also has a bunch of utility for
> authors and users outside just being a DRM box.

I don't think a port based on direct access to the original source counts as "natively reimplemented". It is certainly not an independent implementation. It is also closed source and restrictively licensed. I do not think you can cite Chrome's bundling of Flash as a poster child for RF technologies.

Regards,
Maciej